In a recent post, qaecologist Mick McCarthy discusses the often “arbitrary combinations of variables” that are ecological indices, and recommends that in order for them to be more interpretable and hence effective, they should be more closely linked to some quantity of interest. Check it out.
Search this site:
- Modellers v.s. Experimentalists – why can’t we all just get along? November 14, 2017 qaecology
- Sense of place: the ecosystem service to align social and conservation values? November 1, 2017 qaecology
- Culling animals “ethically” August 21, 2017 qaecology
- Is there truly “no saturation in the accumulation of alien species worldwide”? May 16, 2017 qaecology
- Life in corrupt science: when metrics become targets April 5, 2017 qaecology
Field Work & Safety: