The QAECO and CEBRA Diversity and Inclusion Group (DIG) aim to foster an equitable environment for all members of our lab, including students at all levels as well as visitors. We do this by meeting, discussing, and taking actions in our research lab that foster diversity and inclusion.
Some of our priorities include:
- Recruiting and retaining a diverse research community
- Understanding the lab’s needs with regard to diversity and inclusion
- Ensuring physical spaces and infrastructure are accessible and inclusive
- Using technology to remove barriers to participation
If you have an idea or suggestion about diversity and inclusion within QAECO, please let us know via our anonymous online suggestion box.
You’re also most welcome to come to join one or more of our monthly DIG meetings on the first Thursday of the month at midday.
You can also email or approach any DIG members directly:
To report incidents of discrimination, sexual harassment or bullying:
- Students can access the Safer Community Program.
- Staff can access advisors through Staff Hub, make an online report to the Inappropriate Workplace Behaviour Line, or call 1800 685 463 during business hours.
DIG acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and pay our respects to their Elders, past, present and future.